Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Love Island winners Cara de la Hoyde and Nathan Massey pile on PDA with loved up holiday snaps


Cara de la Hoyde and Nathan Massey looked absolutely smitten on their sun soaked New Year's break in Turkey.

The Love Island couple showed no signs of cooling down their romance months after winning the ITV2 reality programme, cuddling up in their swimming costumes as they piled on the PDA.
Read More Here 

Breaking: Israeli soldier Elor Azaria convicted over Hebron death

Tags
                                     Israeli solider Sgt Elor Azaria sits with his family before hearing the verdict at a military court in Tel Aviv, Israel (4 January 2017)
An Israeli soldier filmed shooting dead a wounded Palestinian attacker after he had been disarmed of a knife has been convicted of manslaughter.

Sgt Elor Azaria, 20, shot Abdul Fatah al-Sharif, 21, in the head while he was lying immobile on a road.

The incident happened in Hebron in the occupied West Bank last March, after another soldier was stabbed.

Sgt Azaria said he thought Sharif might have an explosive vest, but prosecutors said his motive was revenge.

The high-profile trial has proven extremely divisive in Israel, says the BBC's Yolande Knell in Tel Aviv.

There have been rallies to support the soldier and some senior politicians backed Sgt Azaria. However, top military figures were quick to say that his actions did not reflect the values of the Israel Defence Forces (IDF).

In the incident on 24 March, Sharif and another 21-year-old Palestinian, Ramzi Aziz al-Qasrawi, stabbed and wounded an Israeli soldier before troops opened fire on them, wounding Sharif and killing Qasrawi.

Footage of the scene several minutes later, filmed by a Palestinian and released by the Israeli human rights group B'Tselem, shows Sharif alive.

A soldier, identified as Sgt Azaria, is then seen cocking his rifle and fatally shooting Sharif from several metres away.

In their indictment, prosecutors said Sgt Azaria "violated the rules of engagement without operational justification as the terrorist was lying on the ground wounded and represented no immediate threat for the accused or others who were present".

Delivering the verdict on Wednesday, the panel of three military judges rejected Sgt Azaria's defence that he shot Sharif because he continued to pose a threat.

He had told the court that he believed there might be a suicide belt under the Palestinian's jacket.

The judges noted that Sgt Azaria's company and battalion commanders had testified that he did not mention the same concerns when they questioned him immediately after the shooting incident.

The judges also said there was no dispute regarding the veracity of the statements made by another soldier, who testified to military investigators that Sgt Azaria had told him during the incident: "They stabbed my friend and tried to kill him - he deserves to die."

Sgt Azaria told the court that he did not recall having any such conversation.

Prosecutor Lt Col Nadav Weissman said: "This is not a happy day for us. We would have preferred that this didn't happen. But the deed was done, and the offence was severe."

A spokesman for Sgt Azaria's family said evidence proving his innocence had been ignored. "It was like the court was detached from the fact that this was the area of an attack," he said.

Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman, who expressed support for Sgt Azaria before taking office in May, said the verdict was "difficult" and that the defence establishment would "do everything it can to assist the soldier and his family".

But he also called on the public to respect the court's decision.

Sari Bashi, Israel advocacy director at Human Rights Watch, described the verdict as "a positive step toward reining in excessive use of force by Israeli soldiers against Palestinians".

The shooting happened during a wave of knife, gun and vehicle ramming attacks by Palestinians or Israeli Arabs in Israel and the West Bank that has killed at least 42 people since September 2015, according to the Israeli authorities.

Human Rights Watch said on Monday that video footage or witness accounts raised serious questions about many of the more than 150 instances in which Israeli forces have fatally shot Palestinians during attacks or attempted attacks on Israelis

- BBC

All Contestants of Most Beautiful Girl in Nnewi Disqualifies, Reasons Will Shock You

                                      UNBELIEVABLE!! IFEANYI UBAH DISQUALIFIES ALL THE CONTESTANTS FOR THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN NNEWI PAGEANT – THE DETAILS WILL SHOCK YOU (PHOTOS)
THIS IS CRAZY!!! IFEANYI UBAH DISQUALIFIES ALL THE CONTESTANTS FOR THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN NNEWI PAGEANT (PHOTOS)

For the first time in the history of beauty pageants, no winner was announced, no queen was crowned.
All the girls who participated in this contest were disqualified because most of them couldn’t answer the simple questions thrown to them. Majority of the girls answered the questions by blatantly saying “I don’t know” or “no idea”.

Some of the questions:
Q: Who is the founder of F.C Ifeanyi Ubah
A: No idea.

Q: Who is the Traditional ruler of Nnewi?
A: Thanks for the question, but no idea.

Q: Who is the president of Nigeria?
A: The President, the president the President of Nigeria is is is ehh ehh Dr. Mohammed Buhari.

Q: Who won Miss Nigeria 1987?
A: No idea

Q: When u look in the mirror what do u see?
A: Courage and confidence

Q: If you become the president of Nigeria, what would you do?
A: budget

During the native attire section when they were asked the creativity of what they were putting on, one of them said she’s putting on purewater CLOTH while another said she’s putting on cat cloth because “Busu” (pussycat) is her best pet.

The show has been postponed to December 2017.

Buhari will never stop me from becoming Nigeria's president 2019 - Lamido

Tags
                                    SULE LAMIDO EXPLODES!! BUHARI WILL NEVER STOP ME FROM BECOMING NIGERIA’S PRESIDENT 2019, REVEALS THE ONLY THING THAT WILL STOP HIM
Former Jigawa State Governor, Sule Lamido during rally in Bamaina village during which youth were urging him to contest in the next general elections, said that he will contest during the 2019 presidential election and President Muhammadu Buhari would not be able to stop him from succeeding him as President in 2019. He said:

“The desperation by those in authorities of power today must know that the same God that have made Balewa, Ironsi, Gowon, Murtala, Shagari, Buhari, Babangida and Jonathan Presidents could do the same for me if Allah so wishes”.

“All this coercion and intimidation was because of my aspiration and I must tell them that no matter what, if Allah has destined that I will be President, they cannot stop me or deter me because that will amount to fighting against the wish of God.

“Leaders should beware of the consequences that followed tyranny, impunity and abuse of human dignity. I am their father and they are coming to greet me and you are saying they have to ask for permit, permit for what?

“All over this country I’ve never heard of a mutual gathering that requires one to ask for permit, even on Saturday, we were in Sokoto for a wedding where thousands of people attended or even naming ceremonies where hundreds attend, have you asked them to show their permit?, but because it’s Sule Lamido, whoever that is coming to see me must acquire a permit to do so.“

“If your prayers for me to be the President of this country is the wish of Allah, let it be, for Allah is the One that made others like Jonathan, Tafawa Balewa, Obasanjo”.